Sunday, May 2, 2010

Convention 2010


I love going to conventions. I did when I taught Public School and that hasn't changed now. My favorite is the Midwest Homeschooling Convention in Cincinnati Ohio. I have to drive 2 hours to the next state but it is well worth it. I have been going to this convention for three years, from its beginnings in a large church until now in the Duke Convention Center. This year there were 12,000 people attending, over 4000 families!

I spent most of my time listening to Andrew Pudewa. If you have not heard this man speak find a way. I love that he doesn't try to sell you his wares, he just educates and inspires. I listened to ...
4 Deadly Errors of Teaching Writing
Spelling and the Brain!
Fairy Tales and the Moral Imagination
Teaching Boys & Others Who Would Rather Make Forts All day
and I bought- Mastery Learning, Ability Development and Individualized Education

Other People I enjoyed
Dr. Carol Reynolds
Carol Topp, CPA
FamilyMint.com( We just started using this 5/19 and are really enjoying... G is hooked)

ANDDDDD

TIM HAWKINS!!!!!
Oh my goodness he is so entertaining!

I stuck to my shopping list
I bought...
Institute for Excellence in Writing A- I am still nervous about spending this much but I have faith
Math U See- Delta
English From the Roots Up cards
North America Map
Mineral Testing Set & Geode
Miller Pads & Paper
Basher Periodic Table
Ein-O's Molecular Model
A Cool New T-shirt for G
The Periodic Table by Salvatore Tocci
A few Easy Novels:
George the Drummer Boy
Sam the Minuteman
Small Wolf
Buffalo Bill and the Pony Express

I am very excited about the pieces I chose. And even more excited about the wonderful time I had in Cincy with friends and inspiration!

No comments: