Monday, August 13, 2007

Welcome to Our Dining er Classroom

We took the leaf out of our dining room table this week to create a place to call school. I think that must be important for me while I create my rhythm because I couldn't get past the need. I included a few creature comforts that I felt really worked with my classroom kids so we went to Lowe's and bought 2 sheets of Georgia Pacific Wainscoting called Mark R Board and 3 pipe insulators to create a wall length bulletin/white board. The board includes...
  • The Pledge
  • Teaching Calendar
  • Place Value Straws
  • Teaching Clock
  • Money Pics and Plastic coins
  • Magnet Board
  • 100's Chart
  • ABC chart
  • USA map
  • Continent map
  • Room to Write schedules & memory work, etc.
We are also using window clings for weather, days, months, color words,
special topics.

I took a bulletin board and put it on top of a student desk to create a discovery space for our special topics (ants & insects this month). The walls are lined with book baskets. It is pretty exciting.
G really loves the Weather Duck and the dry erase markers.


Now to just find that rhythm! I know it's around here somewhere.

1 comment:

Cutie said...

Just stumbled across your blog and love what you've done to set up your "classroom". I just started this week and was wondering if I was the only one improvising like this! LOL! Glad to see I am not alone!