Sunday, November 30, 2008

Recyling for Homeschool

If you follow my blog at all, you know the we have been remodeling since summer. Well, I can see the end of the tunnel. Everything we have left is cosmetic... a few trim pieces and varnishing the dining room floor. Lately we refinished the floor in the den and we are putting it back together. I really only have one big bookshelf and hundreds of books so I am going to buy 4 matching cases and put them here...
So it is similar to this!
I was going to sell my lonely little not matching bookcase but then I had an idea!
We spent about $3 to convert it.
Ingredients:

4 hinges
2 old cork boards. One I've had since grade school and one saved from a factory dumpster
One lonely 15 year old bookshelf
One bright idea!

Now I can hide the ugly video stacks AND get our bulletin boards off the floor. WooHoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome idea! Makes me wish I had an old bookshelf. Right now I have too many bins filled with books. We had huge built ins at our old house.

Sherri said...

Wow...I'm impressed.
I WANT that big bookcase. I have got to get something bigger!!!