Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bubble Painting

I am going to teach of couple of weeks at our Keepers group so I thought we would try out my project before hand. I used this lesson when I taught school but it has been awhile. I am glad I tried because it did not work at first... ugh!

Supplies: Tempera Paint, pan, dish soap, straws, paper.
(water too I later discovered)

My goal was to put in each color and as they blew the colors would mix;
they are learning about colors. Wrong! After blowing this is where I learned
I needed the water and it became a big blue-brown mess.
FYI: water, soap, 1 paint= mix

Blow, DO NOT suck, softly and straight down.

Place paper on bubbles making sure not to touch the wet pan.

BUBBLES!!

Even though we finally got it to work, I think I will try to find a new project. When we finished G was covered in blue freckles and it wasn't as cool as I thought it would be. If we are only going to do one project I want it to be AWESOME! Back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

Dana Leeds said...

We tried that a few years ago and it didn't turn out as well as what yours did. But, I did substitute some other kind of paint since I didn't have tempera. I'm sure you'll come up with something wonderful for Keepers!