Well, it has been an interesting 45 days.
Here is a look at the original plan.LOL, no really my ideals of what school should be are out the window but my goals have not changed.
- I want G to learn to read this year
- I want him to learn formal math basics
- I want him to love learning
- G is independently sounding out cvc words and with incentives, aka stickers for suprises, reading Bob books
- G is grasping/ mastering place value, counting, story problems, and adding zero
- G loves to think,explore,wonder, and plan
- G feels music and really enjoys the FREE classes we found at the local university
- G has taken an interest in coloring, something he used to avoid like the plague
Ahead for Us: Continue with Reading and Math U See. Try to add hands on art and science to our week or at least month.
Side note: I just finished reading A Thomas Jefferson Education today, yes I read a book, and am going to reread A Well Trained Mind. I am curious how they can work together and how they may fit into OUR school.